Dr. Drew Tortoriello, Sher Fertility Institute New York’s Medical Director is an award-winning and published NYC fertility doctor and Reproductive Endocrinologist (REI) with over 20 years of clinical and academic experience in the field of infertility.
He has made numerous presentations, several of which have won awards, at national and international scientific meetings. He is also the author of numerous articles in scientific journals.
He was recently elected a Women’s Health Research Scholar by the National Institutes for Health. A recipient of the Patient’s Choice Award, he is a member of the Society for Gynecologic Investigation, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the Endocrine Society and the Society for the Study of Reproduction.
Calm, reassuring and positive, Dr. Tortoriello is also revered by patients for his meticulous care and availability. As a leading fertility specialist in NYC, he offers his patients a vast array of knowledge. Still, he understands – and welcomes – an open dialogue and alternative opinions. Working collaboratively, and with great respect for his patients, Dr. Tortoriello’s reputation and results are stellar.
Simply stated, Dr. Tortoriello is an outstanding physician that you will find to be very personable and compassionate, who takes care to ensure that you have the most cutting-edge fertility treatments at your disposal.
Q & A with Dr. Tortoriello
- What do you like most about what you do? What I like most about what I do is engaging with and helping potentially great parents every step of the way on their path to parenthood.
- In practice, what are you most proud of? In practice, what I am most proud of is helping patients to conceive who other doctors have given up on, or would not have even worked with, because their prognosis was less than good. I look at potential parents as very separate and individualized care recipients and like to work on a treatment that I feel would give the best success rates. I leave no stone unturned.
- Why did you choose to work in the field of reproductive medicine? I chose to work in the field of reproductive medicine because I truly appreciate how important family is. I can’t think of a more fulfilling endeavor than to help complete a family. It is my calling and I take pride in my work.
- What do you consider your special areas of interest in reproductive medicine and why? What is your approach to medicine? What I would consider to be my special area in reproductive medicine is working with low egg reserve patients as these patients are the most rewarding to work with and also perhaps the most underserved. My approach is slow, methodical, and comprehensive.
- Share something unique people don’t know about you. Something about my personal life that most people do not know is that I am a very big American history buff.
- What do you do for fun in your spare time? What are your hobbies? My hobbies include playing guitar, especially classic rock. As mentioned, I am a fan of history, so I enjoy read books relating to both American and European history.