The fertility treatment experience can be a challenging journey for some patients. In vitro fertilization (IVF) is often the last resort for patients who have not had successful outcomes with conservative treatment. While IVF often does help these patients fulfill their dream of having a family, occasionally some patients have unexplained failures even after multiple treatments with IVF. This can be a upsetting experience with profound psychological effects.
The common approach taken by fertility specialists to treat recurrent implantation failure usually focuses on embryo quality, with attempts made to modify medication protocols, utilizing chromosomal screening techniques like preimplantation genetic screening (PGS), or oocyte donation.
While having good quality embryos is paramount to having a successful outcome, addressing recurrent implantation failure effectively may require more comprehensive considerations such as evaluating and addressing any endometrial receptivity problems as well as immunological interference. While these areas of reproductive medicine are often considered more “controversial,” unexplained recurrent implantation failure may require a more open-minded approach to help patients reach their goal.
Just as important as providing sound medical advice and treatment, we also strive to foster solid partnerships with our patients through consistency and open communication, which help to ease the psychological burden of continuing fertility treatment under difficult circumstances. Sher Fertility Institute New York specializes in recurrent implantation/IVF failures with the following approach:
- Friendly and receptive office environment with warm, caring staff
- Experienced physicians practicing exclusively in the New York location
- Patients choose their physician and see him/her for all their visits and procedures to provide consistency and to foster strong patient-physician relationships
- Direct access to physicians via email with less than 24-hour response time
- Extensive knowledge and experience in identifying and treating immunologic dysfunction and optimizing endometrial receptivity
- Advanced embryology laboratory with PGS/PGD capabilities
Contact Sher Fertility Institute New York at 646-792-7476 or click here to schedule an appointment with one of our fertility doctors. Our Patient Care Specialists will contact you within the next 24 hours.