Here we are, closing out Romance Awareness Month, and there’s only one thing to do….cry on our pillows because summer’s almost over. Say what? There’s no need for that, now, friends! Grab your special someone and plan to max out these lazy, hazy days of August in a big way that doesn’t make too big a dent in your budget. Here are five ways you can end the summer on a high note, and still have some cash left over to treat your friends to ice cream or, better yet, a frozen cocktail.
- Attend a County Fair-What’s not to love about the County Fair? There’s good food, adorable animals (remember Wilbur in Charlotte’s Web?), and fantastic music. Sometimes you can catch famous bands getting their groove on if you hit the fair on the right night. You might even end up swinging your partner ‘round and ‘round.
- Go Camping–You can even make it “glamping” if you’d like. You choose the venue–a park, the beach, or even your own backyard. There’s nothing quite like kicking back and looking up at the vast, brilliant night sky, trying to recall your high school astronomy lessons: which constellation is which? Somehow, the Big Dipper is always the easiest to spot. If you’re really lucky, you’ll spy a falling star, and find yourself falling in love.
- See an Outdoor Concert or Fireworks–If you missed the County Fair, go to an outdoor setting like Playland in Rye, NY or the Jones Beach Amphitheater on Long Island to see a band or catch some fireworks. Let the warm, salty air blow away your cares away and bask in the evening’s–and your beau’s-beauty. Remember, it’ll be nine months until summer comes around again.
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame-Whatever your team, you can always find some action in the late summer. Catch a professional baseball game or watch an NFL team scrimmage. As the rest of America takes off on vacation, take advantage of discounted or free tickets while you can. Just remember to buy yourself some peanuts and Cracker Jacks,
- Get Wet & Wild at a Water Park–As long as you’re up for walking for miles, put on your swimsuit and head to water park. It’s a great way to escape the heat, get some exercise, and feel young again. You’ll be exhausted at the end of the day and deserving of a treat, so go ahead and order up that frozen mudslide for you and your honey.
Contact Sher Fertility Institute New York at 646-792-7476 or click here to schedule an appointment with one of our fertility doctors . Our Patient Care Specialists will contact you within the next 24 hours.